Orthopaedic Scrub Practitioner
Theatre Practitioner | Orthopaedic Scrub Nurse | Theatres | Band 6 | Southend | Full Time, No Nights | £3000 joining bonus available.
Spire Wellesley has an exciting opportunity for a Scrub Theatre Practitioner with a focus in orthopaedic, to join our experienced and dynamic team. Working with a wide variety of specialisms you will be able to develop your clinical skills in a modern and supportive environment. We at Spire can offer the Surgical First Assistant course to help develop your career further.
Spire Wellesley offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from across Essex. We believe it's our people that really set us apart, from the very best medical professionals, to our attentive and highly experienced support staff.
The Wellesley has 3 Theatres (2 laminar flow) and an endoscopy unit, a 33 bedded Surgical Ward covering a wide variety of specialties including Orthopaedics, Bariatrics, General Surgery, Vascular, Plastics, Gynae, Ophthalmology, Spinal, Urology and ENT. We have had a recent Theatre refurbishment to further upgrade our theatre environment and bringing cutting edge technology to our hospital.
Duties and responsibilities:
We are looking for a Registered Nurse or ODP who has Scrub experience. The role covers multi-specialties therefore this is a fantastic opportunity to branch out and develop your knowledge and experience.
The 3 operating theatres are busy throughout the day, but every day is never the same due to the diversity of the workload, making this theatre department a fantastic place to work
We prefer our theatre staff to be as multi-skilled as possible, so ideally you will be able to work across scrub, anaesthetics and/or recovery, but many of our staff specialise in just one or two areas. Most importantly our theatre staff are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision. These will include general, ophthalmology, bariatric, urology, gynaecology to name a few.
This is a full time role covering 37.5 hours a week, working on a rota.
Who we're looking for:
- Be NMC/HCPC registered - your pin should not have any restrictions or conditions
- a minimum of 2 years' experience with orthopaedics.
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Working as part of the Theatre Team to provide a high standard of efficient, individualised patient care.
- Strong communication skills
- Participate fully as a team member, including working in all areas of the theatre suite, sharing knowledge and information and supporting colleagues, to promote a cohesive team and the achievement of team objectives.
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications.