Radiographer/Mammography | Band 5/6 equivalent, Depending on experience | Harpenden, Hertfordshire | Part Time or Full Time | Mammography training offered
Spire Harpenden Hospital has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Radiographer or Mammographer to join our dedicated imaging team, working across our general and mammography functions.
Applications from general radiographers wanting to train and complete their PG Cert in Mammography will be considered.
Spire Harpenden Hospital offers comprehensive private hospital services in a comfortable and relaxed environment to patients from London and its northern counties - Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. As the largest employer in Harpenden, the hospital prides itself in offering excellence in clinical quality, customer service and cleanliness. We have 5 state of the art Theatres and modern Surgical and Day Care Wards covering all major surgery, orthopaedics, gynaecology, plastics and medical patients amongst others.
Technical and scanning duties
Our imaging team constantly receive outstanding patient feedback; you will be working as part of this friendly team to support our patients throughout their radiology journey with Spire Healthcare. You will:
- Be willing and flexible to work a variety of shifts, including rotation onto evening and weekend breast clinics
- Utilising our extended appointment times to ensure that our patients receive the highest levels of patient care
- Provide a high standard of scanning and imaging to all customers and patients
- Understand and carry out daily QA protocol
- Liaise with secretarial staff
- Ensure technical and equipment problems are reported immediately
- Maintain CPD to ensure competent technical skill and current awareness of technical developments
Who we're looking for:
- HCPC Registered
- Radiography Degree or equivalent
- Ideally around 3 years experience in Radiography but less will be considered
- Mammography experience would be an advantage, however we are willing to re- train an experienced and enthusiastic radiographer
- You will be able to demonstrate your empathetic nature
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications