ODP/Scrub Nurse | Theatre | Band 5/6 equivalent salary | General, orthopaedic and day case | Havant | Full time | Training and Development Opportunities
Spire Portsmouth Hospital is recruiting for highly motivated and experienced OPD's or Nurses to join our high performing Theatre Team. We have recently opened a new minor operations suite and currently have openings for general, orthopaedic and day case scrub practitioners. This is your opportunity to join one of the UK's leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level.
Most important is that our Theatre staff /ODPs are experienced in a variety of surgical procedures or are willing to learn new procedures and techniques under expert supervision. We are keen to promote from within the Spire network, so if you are looking for a long-term career with advancement opportunities you will find them at Spire.
At Spire Healthcare, caring is our passion and our vision is to be recognised as a world-class healthcare business. We are committed to looking after people, both patients and colleagues. Here at Spire Portsmouth Hospital we perform a wide range of surgery including orthopaedics. This role will involve working as part of a wider multi-disciplinary team both in outpatients and on the ward to rehabilitate patients and prepare for discharge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Hospital covers a wide variety of surgical procedures:
- Scrub for Consultant led surgeries that vary in complexity and specialism, such as orthopaedics, cosmetics, gynae and ENT to name a few
- Develop care plans that are appropriate to the patient, taking into consideration the care pathway, perioperative risks and their wellbeing.
- You will support in assessing patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload, assisting in the delivery of care to meet the patient's needs
- You will actively promote best practice and contribute towards quality improvements, collect collate and organize data, interpret all of the information and make a justifiable assessment, making this available to relevant others
- You will also develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security and infection control, lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practices
Who we are looking for:
- Registered Nurse/Operating Department Practitioner with at least 2 years scrub experience
- Current NMC/HCPC registration with no restriction on practice
- Experience of working in teams and with minimum supervision
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification
- You will be highly motivated and used to working in challenging but rewarding environment.
- Orthopaedic experience would be highly desirable
- We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group that has been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for over 40 years. We have 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Sherine Lowers on 07885706278 or email
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications