Team Leader - Night Shifts
£15.61 per hour, plus company benefits
Full time - 36hrs per week
A Top 20 Care Home Group 2023!
Leah Lodge in Blackheath, SE13, is a dementia care home that provides the most luxurious surroundings and the very best in care and support.
We have an exciting role for a Dementia focused and experienced Team Leader to work hands on within the home who will be responsible for the overall supervision and success of teams being managed. You will be responsible for ensuring excellence in resident care and providing outreach and support to families, retaining dedicated Senior Care and Care Assistants. Facilitating ongoing training and educational opportunities for the team is part of the role. This is not a supernumerary role however time will be given for management tasks. The Team Leader is a succession role for those interested into developing into Deputy Managers of the future.
Main Responsibilities of the role:
- Alongside the Deputy Manager, co-ordinate the resident assessment process ensuring involvement of the resident in identifying needs and preferences, and integration of all information into the care plan.
- Ensure that all relevant information in respect of each resident is written and communicated as appropriate to achieve delivery of a person-centred approach.
- To work hands-on with the team to ensure the appropriate levels of care are in place always.
- Deliver and Manage the Medication administration processes, ensuring robust auditing procedures including those surrounding pharmacy processes, and identify any training needs.
- Alongside the Deputy Manager recruit the care team through the Cinnamon process, ensuring that contracted hours are efficiently managed, and recruitment needs are monitored on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly communicate to family members with regards to resident needs and progress.
- Manage team member absence and conduct return to work sessions with staff following all absences, with support from the Deputy Manager and home Administrator.
- Conduct and oversee effective handovers between all shifts, ensuring that the Deputy Manager & General Manager is kept fully informed always with regards to applicable areas.
- Provide daily coaching and support to Senior Care Assistants and Care Assistants as needed, leading by example always.
Essential for this role:
- NVQ 3 essential, NVQ 4 in Care and Registered Managers Award or QCF Level 4 Diploma in Management (Desirable but not essential)
- Two years' experience in long-term care or similar industry
- Experience of planning, implement, evaluate and clearly document care delivery
- Experience of working with older people