Staff Nurse | Surgical Ward | Bank- Flexible Working| Havant, Hampshire
Spire Portsmouth Hospital has an exciting opportunity to join the staffing bank as a Staff Nurse on the surgical ward. The successful applicant will work with a variety of surgical patients ranging from general surgery to highly complex cases.
Spire Portsmouth Hospital offers world-class care within beautiful surroundings and is part of one of the UK's most respected private hospital groups. With a full multidisciplinary medical team, you can get fast access to expert healthcare, from consultations and diagnosis to personalised treatments and as much aftercare as you clinically need.
Duties and responsibilities:
- You will be working across a large ward with private ensuite rooms providing post-surgical care to patients
- Take the patient through their full hospital stay - from admittance to release
- The opportunity to grow and develop with the team and hospital
- Taking part in clinical skills training to empower you to feel confident in providing effective care for a wide variety of specialisms
- Working on a ratio of 1 nurse to 5 or 6 patients giving you the time to give complete care to your patients
Who we're looking for:
- Current NMC registration with no restriction on practise
- Competence across a range of nursing skills
- Experience of working in teams with minimum supervision
It would be advantageous to :
- Current NMC registration - with no restrictions on your practice
- Surgical experience would be ideal; however, we are open to any acute care experience
- Open to newly qualified nurses who have completed their preceptorship
- Compassionate and able to showcase excellent patient care
- Strong communication skills
- Flexibility to work rotation of days and nights
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Unsocial Enhancements, dependent upon shift pattern worked (won't be applicable for all)
- Access to Spire Healthcare pension
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- Smart spending discounts (in addition to Blue Light discounts) via 'Spire for You'
- Wellbeing Centre access via 'Spire for You'
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire's specialist Resourcing Team
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness or annual leave.
We are extremely proud of our heritage in private healthcare and of our values as an organisation:
- Driving clinical excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Caring is our passion
- Keeping it simple
- Delivering on our promises
- Succeeding and celebrating together
- Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people