Bank Staff Nurse | Bank | Surgical | Bank | Flexible working | Leeds
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced and motivated Staff Nurse to join our surgical team on the Staffing Bank located in our Leeds Hospital. This is a casual contract with early, late and family friendly shifts available Monday to Sunday. Rotas are available 1 month in advance and appraisals are available to bank staff members also.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region's largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. Spire Leeds has been rated 'Good' in our recent CQC inspection.
Duties and responsibilities
- Delivering excellent care to patients
- Assist in the delivery of family centred care to meet the health and wellbeing needs of patients.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and that of others.
- Promotes best Practise in Health and Safety, security, and safeguarding the welfare of patients.
Who we're looking for
- NMC registered Nurse with no restrictions or conditions
- Previous experience within a surgical, outpatients or community setting would be advantageous
- Have an ability to transfer skills through a variety of clinical areas
- Working as a practitioner in and across multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience of applying clinical reasoning skills to a range of complex and varied patient case mixes
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Save an average of £50 per month with our free onsite car park
- Access to Spire Healthcare pension
- Access to Blue Light Card discounts
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire's specialist Resourcing Team
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Lauren Armitage on
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications