Pre-Assessment Deputy Team Leader | Clinical | Full Time | Permanent | Leeds - LS8
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pre Assessment Deputy Team Leader to join our pre assessment department on a full time permanent basis.
Spire Leeds Hospital, located in Roundhay, Leeds, has been treating patients for almost 30 years. We are the region's largest private hospital in terms of the range of services we offer and the number of consultants we work with. The hospital offers a range of services and facilities including four operating theatres, a sterile services department, a dedicated endoscopy suite, and a diagnostic and imaging department with an MRI and CT scanner. There are outpatient and physiotherapy departments providing services six days per week
Duties and responsibilities
This is a key patient safety role within Spire - The post holder will be responsible for leading and developing the Pre-operative assessment (POA) service ensuring safe and effective pre-operative care. Ideally, they will be able to demonstrate an advanced level of assessment skills with analysis of clinical findings to determine fitness to proceed to surgery.
- Develop practice in the assessment of health and well being needs.
- Develop practice in addressing individual's health and well being needs
- Provide and receive complex , sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and practice and assist others to continually professionally develop.
- Develop a working environment and culture that actively improves health, safety and security.
- Enable people to exercise their rights and promote their equality and diversity.
- Undertake Human Resource activities for all members of the team.
- Develop strategies and policies for service improvement and improve quality.
- Lead others in the development of knowledge, ideas and work practice.
- Determine the effective use of physical and financial resources.
Who we're looking for
- Qualified Registered Nurse with no restrictions on NMC Pin
- Pre Assessment Qualification desirable
- Evidence of substantial post registration continual professional development in management and other clinically related and relevant subjects desirable
- Management, motivation and development of teams in particular a track record of successfully applying performance management.
- Evidence of management of change and supporting strategic management initiatives.
- Supporting the commercial development of clinical services including supporting the creation of new business and innovative opportunities.
- Planning and Organisation
- Problem Solving and Continuous Improvement
- Communication and Influencing
- Working Collaboratively
- Passion for Customers
- Business Development skills e.g. creation of business cases
- Understanding of marketing products and services
- HR policies and procedures, particularly Performance Review
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite parking
We are extremely proud of our heritage in private healthcare and of our values as an organisation:
- Driving clinical excellence
- Doing the right thing
- Caring is our passion
- Keeping it simple
- Delivering on our promises
- Succeeding and celebrating together
- Our people are our difference; it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications