Perioperative Practitioner- Anaesthetics | ODP | Theatres | Band 6/7 | Reading | Full Time
Spire Dunedin Hospital is looking for a highly motivated and experienced Perioperative Practitioner to join our high performing Theatre Team, this is an opportunity to join one of the UK's leading private hospitals and take your career to the next level. We are also happy to look at candidates who are looking to work within a theatre environment where we can train and develop you to become a scrub practitioner.
Spire Dunedin Hospital has been serving the Reading community for over 100 years, as a first-class medical facility. Based in the heart of Reading, the hospital has two theatres, three recovery bays and an endoscopy suite.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assess patient's health and well-being across a complex and changing caseload.
- Plan, delivery and evaluate care to meet patient's health and wellbeing.
- Provide and receive complex, sensitive or contentious information.
- Develop own knowledge and skills and contribute to the development of others.
- Promotes best practice in health and safety and security
- Maintaining and developing services.
- Contribute to quality improvement
- Promote people's equality, diversity and rights
- Apply technology for measurement, monitoring and treatment
- Airway management
- Delivering excellent patient care
- Preparation of operating theatre /anaesthetic room
Who we're looking for:
- Competence across a range of skills, supported by professional and clinical knowledge acquired through state registration/practitioner qualification and additional training.
- Possess the mandatory training requirements for role including infection control and health and safety competencies.
- Demonstrate principles of accountable practice
- Possess Equipment and Medical Devices Competences
- English language to IELTS 7.0
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- 'Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 40 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatients, day cases and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Rebecca O'Neill on rebecca.o'
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications