Bank Medical Secretary | Administration | Spire Clare Park | Flexible Working | Farnham
Spire Clare Park Hospital is looking for a Medical Secretary to join our team on the bank shifts on an ad hoc basis.
Spire Clare Park is an elective hospital situated in Farnham that has recently been rated as good by the CQC. We offer a range of surgical specialties, which includes: Orthopaedics, General Surgery, Cosmetics, Urology, Dermatology and ENT.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To answer telephone queries and refer to Consultants as necessary. Arranging New Patient appointments and registering them using an In-house database using Practice Manager and SAP.
- Provide new patients with specific information relating to their appointment with regards to potential Hospital and Consultant fees.
- Type up clinic letters using digital or audio tape dictation from Consultant's clinic in a timely manner, arranging future follow up appointments using currently paper diaries for each Consultant, prior to moving to an electronic diary system.
- Assist with preparation of future clinics, chasing results, ensuring that clinics are complete and ready for the next Consultant clinic day. Updating and amending as necessary future clinics on behalf of the Consultants.
- Chase patient results & ensure ready for consultant to review prior to, or at next appointment.
- Type discharge summaries dictated by Consultants as required.
- Produce medical reports where necessary for Medical Insurers to approve treatment.
- Maintain patient records securely as per Hospital Policy in line with data protection act.
Who we're looking for:
- Previous experience as a Medical Secretary or Secretary/PA.
- Experience in a similar role, including providing a full high quality service customers.
- Good communication and customer service skills.
- Able to manage workload and work in a fast-paced role.
- Strong audio typing skills.
- Fully IT literate and a competent user of MS Office
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire's specialist Resourcing Team
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For further information about this role or for an informal conversation about the range of career options available with Spire please contact Rebecca O'Neill on rebecca.o'
Spire Healthcare are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive culture for all. Our people are our difference, it's their dedication, warmth and pursuit of excellence that sets Spire Healthcare apart.
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications