Bank Chef | Catering Department | Bank | Spire Dunedin, Reading | Competitive rates
Spire Dunedin Hospital are looking to bring an experienced Chef to the team on the Bank, working closely with the Head Chef, you will be expected to provide a high quality professional service to the customer at all times, demonstrating a high level of social skills and a positive approach to customer care.
As a Chef, you will be expected work in designated sections of the main kitchen producing quality meals that are cost effective and maintaining the highest standards of hygiene in the department - in line with our policies.
Duties and responsibilities
- To produce meals for patients, staff and visitors within a large operation; adhering to centralised standards of preparation, production and presentation.
- A positive and flexible approach to customer service and strong communication skills.
- Ability to plan patients' diets as necessary including the correct utilisation of stock, along with a strong knowledge of allergens.
- Quality assurance and Patient Confidentiality must always be maintained.
- To comply with all Health and Safety at Work regulations, including COSHH and Manual Handling, whilst being aware of corporate and local safety policies.
Who we're looking for
- Must have previous Chef/Cookery experience.
- Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate/qualifications are essential for this role and you must be able to show a clear understanding of this.
- Exceptional Customer Service skills.
- Bank colleagues are paid weekly
- We offer competitive rates to our bank colleagues who work on a flexible basis, often to cover busy periods, sickness, or annual leave
- Access to Spire Healthcare pension
- Free uniform
- Free DBS
- Full induction, including mandatory training updates
- Opportunities for further training and progression into permanent posts
- Knowledge, support and guidance through your recruitment journey from Spire's specialist Resourcing Team
Please see the attached benefits leaflet for more information.
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.
If you require more information regarding this vacancy please email Rebecca O'Neill on rebecca.o'
Closing date: In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications