Endoscopy Nurse | Cardiff | Competitive Salary | Part Time (20 hours per week) | Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Endoscopy Nurse to join us at Spire Cardiff.
This role is part-time (20 hours week) and permanent.
Spire Cardiff Hospital is the largest, modern provider of private healthcare in Wales. We're experts in a wide range of treatments and conditions, as well as being an orthopaedic centre of excellence, delivering exceptional quality of care for musculoskeletal (bone and muscle) related conditions.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare an operating theatre/anaesthetic room/endoscopy suite for surgery in relation to instrumentation, equipment and supplies required for specific operative procedures, ensuring waste is kept to a minimum. In the case of anaesthetics ensure all necessary and emergency equipment is available and in working order.
- Ensure the Patient Record is completed in a timely and accurate way.
- Act as preceptor for student Nurses, learners, junior nurses and HCAs, where appropriate and participate in teaching within your sphere of knowledge and skill
- Run a theatre list without supervision and supervise / mentor junior staff (subject to experience).
- Perform scrub, circulating and / or anaesthetic duties
- Organise own time and be responsible for appropriate delegation of staff and duties.
- Maintain effective channels of communication at all times.
- Comply with Spire policies/procedures and in particular, issues relating to Health and Safety, COSSH, Incidents Reporting and the Data Protection Act.
- Report all accidents and untoward incidents to senior staff and complete electronic reporting system.
- Act as specialist/link person having undergone the relevant training sessions in your area of expertise.
- Deliver patient care in accordance with recognised standards of research based clinical practise.
- By precept and example, to ensure that the rights, dignity and confidentiality of the patient are protected at all times.
- Understand and apply a holistic patient centred care approach, identifying and taking into account specialist clinical needs whilst the patient is in the Theatre Department.
- Work within a flexible working roster, designed to achieve the most effective use of staff for the patient's requirements.
- Participate in the on call rota in order to provide a telephone help line.
- Ensure that all elements contained within the NMC Code of Professional Conduct are adhered to, and ensure that you maintain registration requirements.
- To ensure that Clinical Governance and risk management are embedded within daily practice.
- Provide and receive patient information, ensuring that all patient information is provided, received and recorded in accordance with the Data Protection Act and Spire Policies.
- Carry out any other duty that reasonably falls within the general nature and level of responsibility of the post.
Who we're looking for:
- Registered Nurse NMC Registered
- Previous experience as an RGN within a Theatre Environment
- High standard of clinical practice
- Competent across a range of clinical skills supported by professional competence and knowledge
- Able to use evidence based practice to provide high standards of care
- Knowledge of appropriate standards and external bodies, such as the Care Quality Commission
- Previous experience working in the private healthcare sector
- Substantial perioperative experience.
- Previous experience of managing clinical audits
- Show some awareness of theatre specialty
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays (Pro Rata)
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- Spire for you' reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
- Free onsite parking
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
Closing date: Friday 03rd November 2023.
In order to streamline our recruitment process, we reserve the right to expire vacancies prior to the advertised closing date once we have received a sufficient number of applications
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.